Home Or Away
Getting ready for the holidays usually involves a pretty long to-do list, but don’t let these things fall off your schedule. Here are our top three things to do, for you and your family:
- Make sure your vaccinations are up to date, and ensure your dental and other medical check-ups are done for the year. Here’s a quick list to get you started.
- Check out our medical travel guide, if you’re travelling during the festive season.
- Brush up on your basic first aid – start with your CPR technique here.
While You’re At Home
Did you know? December is known as Prevention of Injuries month, and your home is the most common place where accidents occur. Taking a little time to check up on your home’s safety and security is never time wasted. Here are three ways you can do just that, and protect your family from injury while at home:
- Make sure your pool is securely fenced off – children should only be allowed to swim when supervised. If you haven’t signed the little ones up for swimming lessons yet, summer is here! Now’s the perfect time to get them water-safe and ready to swim.
- Spend a little time reorganizing your cupboards, and make sure that all detergents, chemicals or poisonous substances are securely stored far out of children’s reach. It’s also a great time to check the expiry dates on medication, dispose of what has expired and make sure your first aid kit is up to date.
- Check around your home for possible safety issues. If you have a crawling baby at home, or your youngest child is about to get mobile, it’s time to babyproof your home. Don’t forget to block plug sockets too.
Build Your Own First Aid Kit
If you’d like to create a family holiday project, why not build your own first aid kit? Health24 created a useful checklist so you can tick off what you already have, and shop for what you need. You can purchase everything you need to fill your first aid kit from your nearest pharmacy, but there’s nothing stopping you from getting creative when building it. Choose a sturdy box or container, and let the kids use stickers, paints, kokis or crayons to decorate this important box for your home.
LifeDoc Can Help
Now that you are all-round holiday ready, don’t forget that LifeDoc™ can help! Store your important contact numbers, capture essential health information and store health records and assessments, using the LifeDoc™ mobile application, currently available for Android devices. Download it here, here or like the LifeDoc™ Facebook page for regular updates. You can also stay on track with LifeDoc™ developments on Twitter.